Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The superior room- my easter treat!

4-4-10 2pm

I arrived at the new hotel, which is a modest resort, but they cater to you more here. I was greeted with a nice cold glass of orange juice, which reminded me that I left my nalgene water bottle in the refrigerator at my old motel- so now I must remember to go and pick it up tomorrow. It’s nice to see other travelers. Though my old hotel was nice enough, it was not on the tourist destination list. I felt I was the only expart there, it was mostly occupied by Ni-Van and the Ni-Van hotel staff. There is also a pool here, which I plan on getting into as it is not surprisingly very hot out today.

For tonight I have their ‘Superior room” which includes air conditioning, which is heavenly, a private bathroom, and a balcony- Happy Easter to me. Tomorrow I will move to the shared rooms- which are nice but more like a hostel/dormitory like. I requested to be roomed with the New Zealand Student midwife that is also at Vila Central hospital.

My plan for today is to settle in for a bit then walk to the hospital and get baby & mama pictures from yesterdays births, as they will all be discharged home by this evening, assuming everyone is doing well. Then when I return I will likely nap & enjoy the rest of the day in the a/c.

No comments:

Post a Comment