Tuesday, April 13, 2010

23 babies



So I tallied up my numbers yesterday and I have done 23 births in 2 weeks at Vila Central hospital. Definitely more boys. I have sutured about 5 times, helped a few women avoid episiotomies, managed 12 births with little more than a nod from the staff midwives, consulted the OB's, and given loads of women loving care with mostly non-verbal communication. I am so happy I have come. It has definitely been worth the expense. In the next few days I will say my good byes with lovely homemade meals and get more photos posted.
As for today we are taking a car to go and explore the island so I'm off. More later.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this. I was in Kiribati for 3 weeks in Nov.-Dec. Caught 36 babies- one breech, sutured 6 times... loved it. What a lovely people they are.

    ReplyDelete